top of page

Child Care Subsidy

The Ministry of Human Services provides financial assistance to eligible lower-income families that use:

  • Licensed daycare centres

  • Licensed group family child care

  • Approved family day homes

  • Licensed out-of-school care centres

  • Licensed pre-schools

  • Approved early childhood development programs

You can apply for a subsidy if:

  • You or your spouse/partner, or the child receiving care are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada, and live in Alberta

  • You or your spouse/partner is an Alberta resident

  • Your children are 12 years of age or younger and are not yet attending Grade 7

  • You and your spouse/partner are currently working, attending school, looking for work or have special needs

bottom of page